[Haskell-cafe] Re: Why 'round' does not just round numbers ?

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Mon Oct 27 09:06:54 EDT 2008

Am Montag, 27. Oktober 2008 13:34 schrieb Achim Schneider:

> > Who does such horrible things?
> > Repeat after me: 1 is NOT a prime. Never, under no circumstances.
>
> Then chase it out of your prime factor products. You'd be the first one
> to break a monoid and locate unsafeCalculate#.

Huh? I don't understand what you are trying to say here.
In which way do you use the term "prime factor product"?
If you're referring the value of the product, 1 is a perfectly legitimate
value, that of the empty product.
If you're referring the expression \prod_{i \in I}p_i, that doesn't contain 1.
So out of where shall "it" (I think that refers to 1, does it?) be chased?
And what has that to do with breaking monoids?