[Haskell-cafe] Re: Build without install, using cabal

Sean Leather leather at cs.uu.nl
Wed Oct 22 07:32:01 EDT 2008

> I would like to include a few source files
>>> as 'executable' sections in a .cabal package
>>> description. However, although I do want to
>>> use main=mainDefault features, I do not want
>>> those packages to be installed when I run
>>> 'Setup.hs install'.
>> Yes, just use this in the executable section:
>> buildable: False
> But I do want it to be built (so Setup will
> check dependencies, allow me to './Setup clean'
> etc.). However, I would like './Setup install'
> to install just the main library.

Just in case my response to you (in a previous thread that you started)
wasn't clear, EMGM also provides an example of this feature. See the Cabal
configuration file.

Follow the use of the 'test' flag in that file. By running "./Setup
configure" with no flags, 'test' is False. When you run "./Setup configure
-ftest", 'test' is true. Look for the use of 'buildable' w.r.t. 'test'.