[Haskell-cafe] cabal-install question

Ken98 sellerk01 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 17:37:23 EDT 2008

Hello, I recently started using cabal-install to install packages. However,
ran into a problem today trying to install ftphs where the current HUnit
dependency required base (==4). I'm using ghc-6.8.2 on ubuntu.

To get around this, I looked through previous versions of HUnit and found
that 1.2.0.0 was the last to have a successful build with ghc-6.8. So, I
downloaded the tar.gz and did a runhaskell Setup.hs ... This worked and I
was able to complete the ftphs install.

So my question is, could I have used cabal install to specify the specific
version of HUnit without having to do the manual
download/configure/build/install?

Thanks,
Ken