[Haskell-cafe] Re: A heretic question

Benjamin L.Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 00:13:55 EDT 2008

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 20:50:45 -0400, ajb at spamcop.net wrote:

>The trouble is that C++ is a tool that's hard to use well.  But that's
>why they pay us the big bucks, right?

Interesting argument.  At first I thought that the following
uncensored interview with Bjarne Stroustrup was a joke, but your
argument makes it seem all the more plausible:

An Interview with Bjarne Stroustrup
http://www.ariel.com.au/jokes/An_Interview_with_Bjarne_Stroustrup.html

Some say that C++ was intentionally designed to be extremely difficult
to use specifically in order for C++ programmers to earn those "big
bucks."

Maybe this is just me, but if I had to choose a tool, I'd choose one
that would be easy to use well.

-- Benjamin L. Russell