[Haskell-cafe] A heretic question

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Sun Oct 19 17:08:06 EDT 2008

What kind of things, barring coding on Haskell-less platforms and
library interfaces would you choose to do in C++?

I'm asking 'cos I'm learning C++ and can't get the proper motivation to
do any program I can think of in it: If I need abstraction, I'm
thinking Haskell or Scheme, and if I'm thinking performance, C itself
more than suffices.

Plus template programming makes me shudder because of its atrocities
against clear and straightforward FP, but that's a different matter.

Coming to think of it, a compiler from a clean syntax to C++ templates
sounds like a fun project... which I'd do in Haskell.