[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Glob 0.1, globbing library

Krzysztof Skrzętnicki gtener at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 14:14:10 EDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 19:28, Matti Niemenmaa
<matti.niemenmaa+news at iki.fi> wrote:
> Gah, I fail at posting to mailing lists. For posterity, the message I sent to
> Krzysztof:
>
> Krzysztof Skrzętnicki wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 22:02, Matti Niemenmaa <matti.niemenmaa+news at iki.fi>
>> wrote:
>>> Web page at: http://iki.fi/matti.niemenmaa/glob/index.html Hackage:
>>> http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/Glob
>>
>> I tried out your package, but it doesn't seem to work correctly on Windows. I
>> checked the code and it has directory separator hard coded, which seem to be
>> the source of problems.
>
> Interesting, given that I've only tested it on Windows. ;-) Can you give an
> example which doesn't work?

Ouch... I feel like I deserve an entry on http://failblog.org/
Somehow I assumed that globDir has type
[Pattern] -> FilePath -> IO [FilePath]
where in reality it has type
[Pattern] -> FilePath -> IO ([[FilePath]], [FilePath])

When I saw lots of files that didn't match my query I thought there is a bug...
I'll certainly doublecheck any bug reports before submitting.
Sorry for the noise.

All best

Christopher Skrzętnicki