[Haskell-cafe] Terminal-like Application Design

Jeff Wheeler jeff at nokrev.com
Thu Oct 16 19:29:42 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm a slight Haskell newbie, but I'm trying to write a terminal-like
application that accepts simple commands with optional arguments, and
can then execute them. Most of these commands will need IO, as later I
will want to communicate over USB for most of them.

I was hoping, though, that I could get some comments on the initial
architecture I've been playing with [1].

I suspect I should be using some sort of monad to represent the
commands, but I don't fully understand monads, and am not sure how it
would apply in this context.

Should I be using a monad here, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff Wheeler

[1] http://media.nokrev.com/junk/cli/