[Haskell-cafe] Object-oriented programming, Haskell and existentials

Kim-Ee Yeoh a.biurvOir4 at asuhan.com
Thu Oct 16 01:37:43 EDT 2008

re: the importance of existential-cleansing

On the one hand, it's easy to concur that existentials are simpler
than the alternatives, the tortuous elimination of CC Shan's
"translucent" existential being a case in point.

And it's also easy to dismiss such caprice as a penchant for Houdinian
escape perversities.

Then again, why not?  There may never be a real need for anything
particular at all, existentials notwithstanding.  Affirming that by
cracking open the shackles of icons and diabolical shibboleths is
arguably the only "real need."