[Haskell-cafe] Re: What I wish someone had told me...

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 15:55:39 EDT 2008

Hello Daryoush,

> If you notice  java generics has all sort of gotchas (e.g.
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-jtp01255.html).  I

large prob;em of OOP languages with generics is interaction between
those two types of polymorhism. covariant/contravariant typing is one
example. since Haskell lacks OOP classes, it doesn't have such
pronblem at all. overall, speaking, pure languages (pure OOP, pure FP,
pure LP) is much simpler than ones trying to combine OOP, FP and
everything else together. There Is Only One Way To Do It In Haskell ;)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com