[Haskell-cafe] Re: What I wish someone had told me...

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 11:08:07 EDT 2008

I'd like to thank everyone who replied to my OP, and also perhaps
clarify one point.  I wasn't trying to be argumentative or negative
about any work people have done to make Haskell approachable for OO
programmers (or any other programmers, for that matter).  I simply
wanted to know what others thought about one item that was misleading
to me in particular, and to see if others either agreed with me or had
similar experiences.

That being said, I know that it's a great deal of work to put together
a useful tutorial, and I appreciate every one I read.  Especially the
monad tutorials, of which it took a half dozen before I got it.

Best,
John