[Haskell-cafe] I do not want to be a bitch,
but ghc-6.8.3 and haskell binary policy are really horrible.
magicloud.magiclouds at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 04:23:27 EDT 2008
1. I cannot install ghc-6.8.3 in my box until I found the old runable
2. After I installed cabal, and upgraded, ghc-6.8.3 cannot rebuild
itself. Because its libraries are conflict with the ones upgraded by cabal.
3. Sometimes, ghc just ignore some libs, because it does not meet its
dependencies. Well, ghc does not even tell me. It knows what I want?
4. I use cabal, thinking it would make dependencies installation easier
for me. Well it does not, once an error happened, nothing would work
since. I cannot even remove the broken lib.
5. No more needed. The above ones, which are important enough to drive
More information about the Haskell-Cafe