[Haskell-cafe] Associated Types and several Classes

Martin Hofmann martin.hofmann at uni-bamberg.de
Tue Oct 14 02:57:33 EDT 2008

Hi Ryan.

Thanks a lot, that was exactly the information I needed.

Concerning the type classes, there are methods, but I dropped them,
because they were not necessary for the problem. However, you are right.
Implementation hiding is what I need.

One suggestion. Maybe a HaskellWiki page on design patterns with best
practises would be helpful. So which problem to solve how and which
technique (type classes, type families, ...)is useful for what. Or is
there already something like this?

Thanks again,

Martin