[Haskell-cafe] There is something wrong in derive-0.1.2 package.

Austin Seipp mad.one at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 02:08:30 EDT 2008

Excerpts from Magicloud Magiclouds's message of Mon Oct 13 23:58:58 -0500 2008:
> Hi,
>     I wanted to install it with cabal. Well
> $ cabal install derive
> Resolving dependencies...
> cabal: Couldn't read cabal file "./derive/0.1.2/derive.cabal"
>     As I traced a little, it seemed that line: 'build-depends: base ==
> 4.*, syb' was wrong.

Hi,

I apologize; I was helping to get derive to build on ghc 6.10, and was
unaware that 'pkg == x.*' was new syntax. So it's my offending patch.

I have removed that and have instead replaced it with 1.4 supported
syntax and uploaded it to hackage; if you would 'cabal update' and try
again and report back that would be nice. (I'm using ghc 6.10 RC1 so I
don't have 6.8 anymore - OS X installer pkg got rid of it.)

Austin.