[Haskell-cafe] There is something wrong in derive-0.1.2 package.

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 14 01:23:58 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 12:58 +0800, Magicloud wrote:
> Hi,
>     I wanted to install it with cabal. Well
> $ cabal install derive
> Resolving dependencies...
> cabal: Couldn't read cabal file "./derive/0.1.2/derive.cabal"
>     As I traced a little, it seemed that line: 'build-depends: base ==
> 4.*, syb' was wrong.

Sigh. This is the problem with adding new syntax. I'll have a go at
adding a check so that packages using this new syntax should have to
declare cabal-version: >= 1.6.

Fortunately the solution for end users is easy:

$ cabal update
$ cabal install cabal-install

To get the latest version which groks the new syntax.

Duncan