[Haskell-cafe] Hackage and GUI (was Hackage status with GHC 6.10 release candidate)

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 13 14:35:14 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 16:15 +0200, Hans van Thiel wrote:

> What's the status of Gtk2Hs with regard to Cabal? Is it correct that not
> one of the applications on Hackage, and there are some, uses or can use
> a GUI at this point in time?

Gtk2Hs still does not use Cabal as its build system. With the recent
summer of code project on a dependency framework for Cabal we're now
much closer to being able to convert Gtk2Hs to use Cabal.

There are several packages on hackage that depend on gtk2hs or
wxhaskell.

> Secondly, has Gtk2Hs compatibility been tested with GHC 6.10? In the
> past there have sometimes been problems with new GHC releases and
> Gtk2Hs. These have always been addressed, but it usually took a few
> months..

I think I've seen some patches going past on the gtk2hs-devel list for
ghc-6.10 compatibility.

Duncan