[Haskell-cafe] Re: Ubuntu Haskell

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sat Oct 11 22:16:22 EDT 2008

ashley:
> Don Stewart wrote:
> >    * Arch now has 609 Haskell packages in AUR.
>
> Have you thought about doing this for Ubuntu? If you know how to
> automatically generate packages, you could set up a PPA (private package
> archive) on Launchpad.

I've spoken with Jeremy Shaw, who has similar systems in place, based
also on Cabal (and cabal-install), for generating native packages for
Debian & Ubuntu.

However, we do need some Ubuntu champions who can work incrementally,
over a long time, to keep packages up to date on their systems.

Automation makes this a *lot* easier, so you may only need one or two
people, motivated to work on their distro.

-- Don