[Haskell-cafe] Haskell on the JVM

John A. De Goes john at n-brain.net
Sat Oct 11 12:45:39 EDT 2008

LamdaVM was the only full-fledged effort to port Haskell to the JVM,
and like most graduate school projects, the project is now dead.

I have strong interest in hosting GHC on the JVM. And I suspect it
would be good for the Haskell community, as the JVM already runs on
nearly every machine known to man, has a wealth of cross-platform
libraries, and is getting improved support for dynamic and functional
languages (method handles, tail call).

Regards,

John A. De Goes
N-BRAIN, Inc.