[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Salsa: A .NET Bridge for Haskell

Anton van Straaten anton at appsolutions.com
Fri Oct 10 16:43:17 EDT 2008

Andrew Coppin wrote:
> Don Stewart wrote:
>> This could be a game changer.
>>

> In what way? As far as I'm aware, .NET never really caught on and has
> long since become obsolete.

Wha?  Microsoft's programming languages all now depend on and compile to
.NET runtime (the CLR), including C#, Managed C++, Visual BASIC, and
even things like the Haskell competitor F#.  Hence Don's comment.

I've heard people at more than one company say that if they could access
.NET well from Haskell, they wouldn't be as interested in F#.

Anton