[Haskell-cafe] any estimate on when Liskell will be based on GHC 6.8.3, instead of GHC 6.6?

Benjamin L.Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 01:44:32 EDT 2008

Recently, I had recommended Liskell to somebody in the thread entitled
"Closest statically typed FP "cousin" to Scheme?"  (on
comp.lang.scheme) (see
but then another user replied that a problem with Liskell was that it
was based on GHC 6.6, whereas the latest stable version of GHC was
6.8.3 (see

Does anybody have any estimate on when Liskell will be updated to be
based on the current GHC 6.8.3, instead of the old GHC 6.6?

I am interested in trying out Liskell myself, but am slightly hesitant
because it is based on an older version of GHC.

-- Benjamin L. Russell