[Haskell-cafe] RE: I'll do USB in Haskell - tips?

Galchin, Vasili vigalchin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 03:07:52 EDT 2008

Hello,

    I am also interested in SCSI, PCI, etc. I think the main problem/issue
vis-a-vis USB/SCSI/PCI et. al. for Haskell is does  (or will there exist) a
Posix API and a Windows API for these buses/protocols? I read one URL but it
will only support Linux. Ok .. maybe there API will be implemented for other
Posix OS's like solaris, AIX, HP-UX, etc. but I wouldn't "bet the farm on
it". I am not trying to be pesimistic but just save Marco some time in his
life. Maybe Marco should talk to the people doing the Linux implementation
for the "Posix" API and see how viable that API is before spending a  year
for nothing.  Or Marco maybe you can be a trailblazer and come up with a
better "Posix/Win32 USB API" and implement in Haskell? ;^)

Very kind regards, Vasili