[Haskell-cafe] Monad transformers [Stacking monads]

Anton van Straaten anton at appsolutions.com
Mon Oct 6 18:00:25 EDT 2008

Andrew Coppin wrote:
>> If so, I guess that means I have to somehow construct ResultSetT. Is
>> there an easy way to do that, given that I already have ResultSet?

I haven't been following this thread closely, so forgive if this was
already discussed, but my understanding is that the answer is no, in

In the paper "Monad Transformers and Modular Interpreters"[*], Section 8
("Lifting Operations") touches on some of the issues.  That's from 1995
- I don't know if any progress on this has been made since then, other
than that a standard set of the most common monad transformers is now

[*] http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=