[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: SourceGraph-0.1 and Graphalyze-0.3

Ivan Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 08:40:21 EDT 2008

2008/10/6 Niklas Broberg <niklas.broberg at gmail.com>:
>>  * the dependency on haskell-src-exts says any version should do, but
>>  the one shipped in Debian Sid
>>  (http://packages.debian.org/sid/libghc6-src-exts-dev) doesn't do, so
>>  some extra versioning info seems to be required
>
> Ouch, that one's pretty old. Don't the wheels of debian packaging spin
> faster than that? But yeah, it should be haskell-src-exts (>= 0.3), to
> avoid trying to dig up that should-be-long-dead-and-buried 0.2.1
> version...
>
> Cheers,
>
> /Niklas

OK, I'll try and fix those dependency issues in the next couple of
days.  I didn't specify a version of haskell-src-exts, as I couldn't
find any way of telling which versions were compatible (then again, I
was only able to work out how to use it and what everything meant by
reading the source directly...).

Gwern: I think I've found why it never ends on xmonad-contrib (it
happens for me here on the Grahpalyze library as well): when doing
clique/cycle detection, if a function recurses on itself more than
once (e.g. multiple pattern matches, each of which recurses) then the
clique detection at the very least goes nuts and tries creating an
infinite one-function clique.  This probably happens for cycles when
there's multiple edges between two functions.  I think the way to fix
this is to have a function that turns a graph into a simple graph
(i.e. no multiple edges or loops; well, maybe _one_ loop) and get the
clique detection, etc. routines use the output of that for processing.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com