[Haskell-cafe] Haskell-cafe-cafe? Was: Re: Health effects

Christopher Lane Hinson lane at downstairspeople.org
Sat Oct 4 09:54:04 EDT 2008

On Fri, 3 Oct 2008, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> Oddly enough, it seems to me that haskell-*cafe* identifies a list that isn't
> tightly focused, as compared to haskell at haskell.org.  Perhaps we need to
> rethink names (although any changes will probably hurt).

I thought this too.  But, I think that haskell-cafe is high traffic,
whereas people subscribe just to haskell at haskell.org when they just want
announcements and HWN (which has been awesome lately, by the way).

But I think a discussion e.g. about providing medical treatment to
prisoners of war might benefit both haskell-cafe and the discussion itself
to be on another list.

Especially as the community is growing rapidly, it might benefit from
having an outlet for all of this energy.

I think just putting a little note beside the mailing list "high traffic"
as opposed to "off topic" before you get to the subscribe step would
suffice, without needing to change names.