[Haskell-cafe] Model-driven development (was: Haskell participting in big science like CERN Hadrian...)

ajb at spamcop.net ajb at spamcop.net
Fri Oct 3 21:39:53 EDT 2008

G'day all.

Quoting Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>:

> How about EDSLs for producing high assurance controllers, and other
> robust devices they might need. I imagine the LHC has a good need for
> verified software components...

On a related topic, I'm curious if anyone apart from me has been secretly
using Haskell for model-driven-development-lite.

My current boss, not being a programmer, doesn't care where the code
comes from, so the following conversation is unlikely to happen.  Still.
other people must also have thought of doing this:

"Well, the reason why I've produced so much C++ lately is because I've
been generating all the boilerplate automatically.  What with?  Glad
you asked..."

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage