[Haskell-cafe] Announcing OneTuple-0.1.0

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 17:29:48 EDT 2008

Lennart Augustsson <lennart at augustsson.net> wrote:
> But (a) is not a lifted version of a, whereas (a,b) is a lifted
> version of the a b product.
> So it's not consistent, and thereby wrong.

  Well, we can't represent the unlifted product in Haskell,
  right? You have to use some constructor. So if we just say we
  are using tuples to represent unlifted products, what's so bad
  about that?

  At present, tupling doesn't lift values into anything, since
  we don't have generic operations on tuples.

  The last two messages in this thread suggests this has more to
  do with the internals of Haskell than they do with consistent
  semantics -- so I am perhaps missing the point.

--
_jsn