[Haskell-cafe] SCGI module

Anton Tayanovskyy anton.tayanovskyy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 08:29:44 EDT 2008

SCGI module from Hackage is not working for me with Apache mod_scgi, I
think because it uses LazyBytestring to hGetContents on a socket
handle and the Apache side does not close the socket. Also, looking at
the source I didn't see any fork* calls, so I assume it is not doing

So I ended up writing a replacement and would like to invite comments.
It does forkIO per request and, if asked to, timeouts those threads.
So far it works for me on simple examples from
giving roughly 800 requests a second versus 250 on plain CGI (both
through Apache).

Also, in general, is there any interest in using SCGI, or FastCGI
(plain CGI, HappS, you name it) is vastly superior?