[Haskell-cafe] Re: Hmm, what license to use?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 04:48:03 EDT 2008

Hello Don,

>> Don, I usually agree with almost everything you say -- but not this!

and i usually answer only in those few cases when i disagree ;)

> My point was really that investing the effort required to get nhc98 into
> the shape that we could actually use it to ship the kind of code that we
> do with GHC -- to make nhc98 a GHC competitor product -- would not be as
> an efficient use of our researchers and engineers.

imho it's true for short-term, false for a longer terms. we need
different haskell platforms, otherwise haskell will eventually die,
and core libraries such as FPS are essential part of these platforms

and according to my experience, writing s/w in portable way is easy if
you care about it from the beginning of project. adding portability
later costs much more

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com