[Haskell-cafe] Re: Health effects

Anton van Straaten anton at appsolutions.com
Wed Oct 1 11:38:47 EDT 2008

Achim Schneider wrote:
> Jon Fairbairn <jon.fairbairn at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Adrian Neumann <aneumann at inf.fu-berlin.de> writes:
>>
>>> I often wonder how many cuts you need to divide a steak in n
>>> pieces.  You can obviously get n pieces with (sqrt n) cuts
>>> by cutting a grid.  But I'm sure some smart mathematician
>>> thought of a (log n) way.
>> Are you allowed to move the pieces between cuts?
>>
> Later you're also going to demand to bend it in N dimensions, aren't
> you?

If extra dimensions are needed, perhaps the LHC could be pressed into
service.  Any Haskell programmers working there?

I'm sure we could settle many of these questions by injecting some
chocolate particles into the accelerator.  Who among us hasn't wondered
what chocolate looks like when traveling at relativistic speeds?  Best
case, we produce an infinitely dense micro-black hole made of chocolate,
which pretty much takes care of the whole recursive subdividing problem.

Plus, when popped into your mouth, it would evaporate via the tastiest
Hawking radiation imaginable.

Anton