tutorial site back up Re: [Haskell-cafe] Version 0.4.3 of happs-tutorial is a HAppS job board, done in HAppS.

Thomas Hartman tphyahoo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 07:18:34 EDT 2008

Well, at least I know people are trying to read the tutorial :)

I'll say a few words about what happened.

The underlying problem is that HAppS dies unpredictably because of
problems in the haskell network library, a but I reported at
http://code.google.com/p/happs/issues/detail?id=40

I wrote a cron job to restart my server when it dies, but I recently
tweaked the job in order to serve the "head" version as well as what
is on hackage, and the tweak broke the cron job's functionality.
(fixed now -- at least, I hope it's fixed.)

To be honest I don't really understand the underlying problem in the
haskell network library, but it would be great if somebody who does
could fix this.

Thomas.