[Haskell-cafe] Re: (A little humour)

Benjamin L.Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Wed Oct 1 05:33:42 EDT 2008

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 15:40:49 -0400, "Andrew Wagner"
<wagner.andrew at gmail.com> wrote:

>Brilliant. This made my day. I must admit, I looked briefly at the
>paper after I saw the link, yawned, and closed it. Then I saw Andrew's
>comment, skimmed the paper, becoming more and more convinced that it
>was a joke, saw the last line, and then had to go back and read the
>whole thing again. Just awesome.

You didn't even need to read the last line.  On page 6 of that paper:

>A preprocessor that implements the facility for any current C++ implementation can be freely
>downloaded from http://www.research.att.com/~bs/whitespace.html.

Click on that link and tell me what you see.

Incidentally, this is just typical Bjarne Stroustrup humor.  It
reminds me of "An Interview with Bjarne Stroustrup" (see
Read that interview and tell me what you think.

-- Benjamin L. Russell