[Haskell-cafe] Haskell, successing crossplatform API standart

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sun Nov 30 15:46:07 EST 2008

s.clover:
> Haxr provides a basic implementation of the XML-RPC protocol, and
> while it looks like it doesn' t build on 6.10 at the moment, getting
> it to build shouldn't be a problem, and although it doesn't appear to
> be under active development, it does seem to be getting maintenance
> uploads. [1]
>
> These days, however, web services seem to be moving towards a RESTful
> model with a JSON layer and there are plenty of JSON libraries on
> hackage, which you could just throw over the fastCGI bindings.
> Alternately you could try JSON over one of the really lightweight
> haskell web servers, such as shed [2] or lucu [3]. If you go the
> latter route, I'd love to hear how it went.
>
> [1] http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/haxr
> [2] http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/httpd-
> shed
> [3] http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/Lucu

Yes, I'd love to see some experience reports about the light web
servers. And anyone who's tried the Amazon or CouchDB or other
non-traditional storage bindings,

    http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/CouchDB
    http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/hS3

Also, HAppS is making a serious push these days, in particular, via
gitit,

    http://lhc.seize.it/ (the lhc homepage is gitit running in happs)

And HAppS has become far more available since stabilising.

Maybe it is time for a "Haskell for the Web" collection.

-- Don