[Haskell-cafe] What *not* to use Haskell for

Belka lambda-belka at yandex.ru
Sun Nov 30 02:32:36 EST 2008

(1) Function as a system of N concurrent inputs and 1 output is easy essence.
How about function as N concurrent inputs and M concurrent outputs? I think
it's not native to lambda calculus. So "system's programming" (if we ever
had such paradigm) would solve this issue, while criticizing all FP.

(2) For me, I hope this category (What *not* to use Haskell for) won't
include SOA. That's what I'am currently trying to decide.

(3) I think if CPU's would be lambda-based, not imperative, and paradigm be
stronger, most of the "why *not* to use Haskell"'s would be solved, and
imperative would be in opposition instead.. with it's enthusiasts. =) They
would have good answers for your question.