[Haskell-cafe] Interactive

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 14:27:04 EST 2008

Hello Andrew,

> OOP seems like such a natural fit for describing the behaviour of a
> network of independent objects. But Haskell seems to require you to make
> a new, modified copy of the entire game state at each frame, which
> sounds... highly non-performant.

"most of the game state" is a few mb maximum. you don't need to copy
textures and other permanent game object descriptors which occupies
most part of those hundredths mbs

just an example from my own work: i wrote an archiver which may use,
say, 500 mb for storing list of million files. but the list itslef
occupies only ~10mb, so i can do all the forms of complex processing
without over-loading memory manager. each file descrption is 500 bytes
long, but this info isn't changed during program run

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com