[Haskell-cafe] GHC 6.10.1 and cabal[-install]

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Tue Nov 18 05:01:14 EST 2008

Hello,

I installed GHC 6.10.1 today and expected it to contain the cabal command line
utility.  Unfortunately, this was not the case.  Where can I download it?
How do I install and configure it so that it is integrated best with
GHC 6.10.1?  For example, should cabal use some directory in the GHC tree to
place compiled packages in?

<http://hackage.haskell.org/> still links to cabal-install for a convenient
way for installing packages.  I thought that cabal-install is outdated.
Isn’t it?  Generally, Cabal info and documentation ist too hard to find on
the web, in my opinion.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang