[Haskell-cafe] HSDL 0.5.4 on GHC 6.10.1

Korcan Hussein korcan_h at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 14 21:19:11 EST 2008

Hi the package at hackage fails to build on GHC 6.10.1 (on windows mingw) this is due to 2 reasons:

1. I believe the order of libraries to be linked needs to change from "-lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL" to "-lSDLmain -lSDL -lmingw32" otherwise you get linker errors which multiple definitions of main. I think the build system should output `sdl-config --cflags --libs` instead of explicitly stating which libraries besides.

2. For some reason the the library & include paths plus the list of which libraries to be linked gets appened to the output twice and thus causing linker errors. I'm a casual user of haskell so I don't much about cabal packages so I manged to figure out a hackish workaround by deleting the entry in the SDL.buildinfo file (the entry for the ld-options).