[Haskell-cafe] What *not* to use Haskell for

Dan Piponi dpiponi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 13:58:33 EST 2008

Real time audio applications are top of my list of "crazy projects I
would work on if I had a month spare". I think it might work out
nicely. My approach wouldn't be to talk directly to audio hardware
from Haskell but instead use a framework like Lava to generate low
level code from an embedded DSL. I think that would be a really
elegant way to work at a high level and yet have the result execute
*faster* than traditionally written C++ code.
--
Dan