[Haskell-cafe] Re: reliable (bi)directional pipe to a process

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 17:48:04 EST 2008

  As an aside, my present problem really seems to be fixed -- I
  am able to move files of more than 2MB from one process to
  another within my Haskell program. In my program, I take the
  input file, turn it into a ByteString, pass it to process one,
  capture the result as a ByteString, pass it to process two,
  caputre that result as a ByteString and then put the
  ByteString into a file. Of course we'll see whether it really
  works in the next few days here -- but after I got the forking
  right I really there's little else to be done.

  However, it's clear this has been a problem in the past. Even
  if we just use this thread to collect "incidents" -- less
  specific than bugs, but more precise than simple suggestions
  of inadequacy -- it would help everyone to know what the
  limits are with the present runtime.

--
_jsn