[Haskell-cafe] mapping unfreeze over an IntMap of IOUArrays

Scherrer, Chad Chad.Scherrer at pnl.gov
Tue Nov 11 15:43:03 EST 2008

Bulat wrote:
> Hello Chad,
>
> Tuesday, November 11, 2008, 10:23:09 PM, you wrote:
> > using unsafeFreeze. I'm getting stuck here, since the
> IntMap library
> > is not so monad-friendly.
>
> Data.Hashtable is

Well, I need mutable update for a while... after that, I prefer a pure
interface, which is why I'm trying to freeze all the values.

Anyway, I haven't used hashtables in Haskell, but I vaguely remember
some discussion about them being really slow. Is this no longer the
case?

I guess if I really need to go this route I could try out HsJudy or
something.

Thanks,
Chad