[Haskell-cafe] What *not* to use Haskell for

Arnar Birgisson arnarbi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 06:32:11 EST 2008

Hi all,

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 11:38, Dave Tapley <dukedave at gmail.com> wrote:
> Usually I'll avoid then question and explain that it is a 'complete'
> language and we do have more than enough libraries to make it useful and
> productive. But I'd be keen to know if people have any anecdotes,
> ideally ones which can subsequently be twisted into an argument for
> Haskell ;)

I would not use Haskell if I were faced with the prospect of producing
a huge system in short time (i.e. meaning I couldn't do it by myself)
and all I had was a pool of "regular" programmers that have been
trained in .NET, Java, C++, Python, <your favorite imperative
language>.

Yes, sad - but true. I'd very much like to see this twisted to an
argument for Haskell :)

cheers,
Arnar