[Haskell-cafe] announcing darcs 2.1.1rc2

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Nov 10 07:10:18 EST 2008

Hi everybody,

The release candidate for darcs 2.1.1 is now available at

This release is very much intended to be darcs 2.1.0 plus GHC 6.10.1
support.  We have also thrown in some simplifications to the regression
testing suite and a Windows bugfix (which we pulled in because of a
dependency and retained because it was a small and useful).

Please give this a try, especially those of you on GHC 6.10 or Windows,
and let us know how things work out.

Because we have only selected a very small subset of changes to include
(using darcs's cherry-picking abilities, of course!), I am confident
that we can get by on a reduced release cycle.  If all goes well, the
official release date for darcs 2.1.1 will be 2008-11-17.

darcs (2.1.1rc2)

  * Portability: Removed accidental QuickCheck 2.1 configure check.
    Note that it may be required in a future version of darcs.

 -- Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>  Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:17:00 GMT

darcs (2.1.1rc1)

  * Portability: GHC 6.10.1 support (Petr Ročkai, Eric Kow)

  * Bug Fix: Fix file handle leak and check for exceptions on process
    running on Windows (issue784, Salvatore Insalaco)

  * Quality Assurance: Consolidated regression test suites using
    shell scripts only (Eric Kow, Tommy Petterson, Matthias Kilian)

 -- Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>  Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:49:00 GMT

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9