[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Haddock version 2.4.0

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 6 18:41:30 EST 2008

[Redirecting to cafe@ since haskell@ is not meant for discussions]

Sure, they are bad for one reason: you cannot link to a frame
configuration directly.  However, for this particular use case they
are quite handy.  There are some features missing (like hoogle
integration) and some annoyances (if javascript is enabled, we show
both a mini-synopsis, but this interacts badly with the back-button.)
You can simulate this if you add a lot more javascript, have some kind
of server, generate many more static pages, or use some CSS magic.
But the implemented solution works and is reasonably useful.  If
someone wants to improve this I certainly don't mind.