[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Haddock version 2.4.0

David Waern david.waern at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 13:35:34 EST 2008

2008/11/6 Wolfgang Jeltsch <g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org>:
> Am Donnerstag, 6. November 2008 00:21 schrieb David Waern:
>>   * Add framed view of the HTML documentation
>
> After many years with many people telling us that frames are bad, you add
> frame support to Haddock?  Hmm.

You should discuss this with Simon Marlow, as it was his idea. Thomas
Schilling implemented it. Personally, I think the frames are quite
handy, although not that pretty in their current form. More
importantly, you don't need to use them if you don't want to. Haddock
still generates the normal index.html as well as frames.html.

David