[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Haddock version 2.4.0

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 6 04:40:33 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 00:21 +0100, David Waern wrote:
> -- Haddock 2.4.0
>
> A new version of Haddock, the Haskell documentation tool, is out.
>
> This is a later version than the one shipped with GHC 6.10.1, which is version
> 2.3.0. That version will not be released on Hackage since it only builds with
> GHC 6.10.1 (by accident, actually).

Will .haddock files generated by haddock-2.3.0 work with haddock-2.4? If
not it would be preferable to have a 2.3.1 release or something for
distributions that want to package haddock separately from ghc (eg
gentoo). Otherwise we somehow have to hack the ghc build procedure to
use an external haddock (that we'd have previously compiled using the
same ghc version).

Duncan