[Haskell-cafe] pure programs

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Tue Nov 4 19:37:12 EST 2008

On 2008 Nov 4, at 19:12, Jason Dusek wrote:
>  Many useful programs that I would like to write in Haskell
>  don't fall into this category -- for example, network servers
>  -- but a lot of their components do. Can these components can
>  be Haskell functions without IO in their signatures?

I'm working on a report generator (for my own use, probably will be
too limited for practical use until/unless I have a need); the input
data and output ultimately have to be in IO, but the bulk of the
program (and all of the library) is pure; you *want* a report to
produce the same output for the same input.

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu