[Haskell-cafe] announce [("InfixApplicative", 1.0), ("OpenGLCheck", 1.0), ("obj", 0.1)]

Thomas Davie tom.davie at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 11:58:40 EST 2008

Dear Haskellers,
   I've just uploaded a few packages to Hackage which I have produced
while working at Anygma.  I thought that people might be interested in
knowing about these:

obj-0.1:
A library for loading and writing obj 3D models.  This is still an
early version and rather limited, but it's a starting point.
Features:
   • Load models, complete with normals, texture coordinates and
materials
   • Compute normals where smoothing groups are specified
   • An example program to load an obj model and render it spinning on
the screen.
   • Faster loading that Maya itself!
Bugs:
   • Memory usage is rather large
   • The exposed API is rather limited
To Dos:
   • Add support for loading groups
   • Support for smooth surfaces

OpenGLCheck-1.0:
A micro-package containing instances of Arbitrary for the data
structures provided in Graphics.Rendering.OpenGL.

InfixApplicative-1.0:
A second micro-package containing a pair of functions -- (<^) and (^>)
which can be used to provide an infix liftA2 thus:
Suppose we wanted to calculate liftA2 (+) [1,2] [2,3], but are unhappy
with the fact that (+) is no longer infix, we may now use [1,2]

Thanks -- any comments are greatly appreciated!

Tom Davie