[Haskell-cafe] Cairo build fail on OS X Leapord

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Nov 3 05:59:16 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 14:55 -0400, Jefferson Heard wrote:
> Installing gtk2hs from MacPorts on a clean mac:

> svgcairo/Graphics/Rendering/Cairo/SVG.chs:201:2:
>     Couldn't match expected type `()' against inferred type `CInt'

The latest major release of the cairo C lib changed the API to return an
int status code for a C function that previously returned void.

c2hs guarantees us some degree of cross-language type safety and caught
this api change for us (by turning it into a Haskell type error).

I expect the updates to work with the new cairo api are in the gtk2hs
darcs version.

Duncan