[Haskell-cafe] Re: Images and GUIs in Haskell

Ronald Guida oddron at gmail.com
Sat May 31 21:00:36 EDT 2008

Achim Schneider wrote:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/pkg-list.html#cat:Graphics

OK, Chart (the first package under Graphics) is obviously the answer to (1).

I wrote:
> 2. Suppose I want interactivity.  For example, I want to plot a line
> graph, and then let the user click and drag the data points.  ...
> the complete opposite extreme from my first question

So I have a choice: OpenGL, HGL, SDL, ObjectIO(?), or even straight X11/Win32 :/
Let me ask both ways:

2a. Which of these (or perhaps something else) is the simplest/easiest
to get started with?

2b. Could someone please point me to some advice to help me decide
which of these would be the best for me to use.  I'm just trying to
avoid the need to invest gobs of time into investigating libraries.