[Haskell-cafe] WebSense doesn't like darcs.haskell.org

Chad Scherrer chad.scherrer at gmail.com
Thu May 29 14:12:30 EDT 2008

My work uses WebSense to filter viewable pages - I don't have an option.

I used to be able to get to darcs.haskell.org just fine, but apparently a
/hacking directory was added somewhere, so WebSense put it on the naughty list.

I put in a request for WebSense to review the site; hopefully it will soon be
allowed again. But if not, I'll have to go through lots of red tape, which I'd
really like to avoid.

I assume/hope this "hacking" is only in the sense of making adjustments to code.
Is this right? If there's anything involving DoS attacks, etc, I might never be
able to get to it from work again.

I get the impression WebSense is relatively widely used. Is anyone else here
having similar trouble?

Chad