[Haskell-cafe] a build problem ....

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 27 20:50:00 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 15:33 -0700, Thomas Hartman wrote:
> I think dist gets populated when you do build.

Actually we also stash the configuration in ./dist/setup-config so that
gets created at configure time.

Galchin's problem is that something goes wrong during the configure and
so nothing gets created in dist. From the log it looks like ghc or ld
are failing during one of the early tests we do when configuring ghc.

To make debugging this kind of thing a bit less mysterious in future
Cabal now logs in greater detail what happens when it calls external
programs (when invoked at the highest verbosity level).

Duncan