[Haskell-cafe] Re: HDBC with SQL Server / OBDC

Morten Holm Pedersen mhpedersen at post.tele.dk
Tue May 27 15:37:51 EDT 2008

John Goerzen wrote:
> On Sunday 25 May 2008 11:24:20 am Morten Holm Pedersen wrote:
>> am trying to do a simple DB connection from Haskell to a SQL Server 2005
>> (on Windows obviously). The DSN name ("Nylon") works from C++ but when
>> running the below example (or any other I can think of) ghci crashes.
>> Does anyone know a resolution for this or where the problem can possible
>> be ?
>
> First off, I'd suggest separating out the steps in your do block to
> individual pieces so you can isolate where the crash is.  Also, what sort of
> error message do you get when the crash occurs?  And are you using a MingW
> GHC?
>
> -- John

I am running it in plain Windows (from cmd). The text in the mail is the
full communication from the system - ie. just stops without any message.
Sometimes Windows gives an errors a well.

The do was just an attemp to illustrate. Really I just need to do
con=connectODBC "DSN=Nylon"
and then write "con" on the GHCi prompt to crash the system.

Morten